Gramma and Kyla after her first performance at the Performing Arts Center
Mya, Kennedy, Laritza, and Kenton waiting for my little star after the show
Camping at the lake (ah man, I can't wait to go back)
Straight hair
Peas and Carrots
Kyla and Mya with the new baby Ava
Face painting at the fair
Can't remember why, but we were at the mall
Church Hair
Peas and Carrots on Hawaii Day at school
Kyla and Uncle Mike
Flowers from Auntie Heidi on VIP Day at school
Kyla and her future prom date, Kenton
Nice Glasses :)Well, first grade has come to a close and man have we seen some amazing improvements in Kyla this year. Any one remember quiet and shy Kyla? Well, she's still pretty quiet but that shyness is pretty much gone. Kyla is still enjoying her school, and learning so much. She is quite the little reader, and she actually likes it. I say it like that, because her mom and dad weren't much for reading at her age, but not Kyla. They say all kids are different....
What a difference...Kyles Grandad Embley died a few months ago. The morning after he passed I told Kyla " Grandad passed last night." "What?" she exclaimed. I was worried she was going to be upset. Later that morning I got an email from her teacher stating that that morning promptly after reaching her classroom she proclamined to the entire class, "My Grandad went to Heaven last night!" She later draw a picture of a boat and named it Grandad. It's funny how children grieve, but she seems to be doing really well with it all. She wanted to spend every waking minute over at his house right before he died. I'm not sure she knew he was going to pass soon, but she knew she loved her Grandad and needed to spend as much time with him as she could. She's a very special little girl and even though I am her mother, she teaches me new things everyday.
She is going to do Music Machine again this summer and has decided to do the Dance Machine (which makes her mom very happy) too. I think she is looking forward to summer, as we all are. It was a cold and dark winter, bring on the warm weather!
No comments:
Post a Comment