Monday, April 7, 2008

Kyla Diane through out the years


In honor of our new baby coming...soon...I hope. I thought we should take a look back at little Kyla and how much she has changed over the last 4 year. It is always hard for me to believe how old she is and how much she has changed so far. She is really enjoying her dance class. She goes once a week and they do what I like to call "introduction to dance," then they do about 15 minutes of tap, or what the little girls refer to as "loud shoes." They all seem to have a ball. Mrs. Mary her teacher, who also use to be my teacher when I started dancing, is her teacher now too (except I was 14). This lady has the most patience of any woman I have ever met (there are eight 3/4/5 year olds in this class which takes place at 9am on Saturday mornings). For their performance in May they will be dancing to Shirley Temple rendition of "Animal Crackers In My Soup." It is quite entertaining. I will see about posting a video after their show.

Two weekends ago Grandpa Ken, Kyle, Larry, Ryan, and Kyla all took the motor home out to Knik Lake for some ice fishing. They say they caught some fish, but I am yet to see any proof of that yet. It was nice to have the weekend off to get my stuff together before the new baby comes. It worked out nicely that we didn't know what Kyla was either because we had all the non- gender specific bedding and what not. We broke it all out and set up the baby/ scrap booking room. I never thought I'd have to share my room again, but it just made more since to put the baby in there than to move Kyla over.

As for the new baby, I am still very pregnant and very uncomfortable. I am thinking that this kiddo must be bigger than Kyla was because I don't remember being quite this uncomfortable with her. This one is definitely more active too. When I went to the doctor last week she said that the baby had dropped and I was dilated to 1 centimeter. Doesn't feel like it is going to be any time soon, so we keep waiting. With Kyla I started having contractions about 3 days before she was born, so I knew she was "on her way." I have a feeling this one might be a little more of a surprise. I have had three requests asking if I thought that maybe I could hold off till this weekend. Grandpa Tim is working in Kenai cutting down tree's and he would like to not miss any work if possible. My sister is coming into town for a job interview early next week and Larry has to go to a class in Denver on Monday. I told them all I just couldn't promise anything, this baby will come when it is good and ready. Of all people you'd think I'd be the most anxious, but I am starting to doubt that. It seems that this one is on "Embley Time."

Kyle's adult hockey league team, SENCO, won their tournament this weekend 5-3. This is the second year in a row that his team has won. He will never take any credit for it, but it can't be a coincidence that his team has one twice now, he is a humble guy.

That's all I have to report for now. I hope everyone is doing well. We will keep you posted when Baby Embley arrives, which will be some time very soon.... I hope.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update! :) And thanks for reading my blog!!! AND...thanks for the gift! I love love love it. I have it on a shelf in our living room right next to our wedding picture. Its great. How did you learn to be so crafty???

Unknown said...

Waiting PATIENTLY for the post of pictures of the new little one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)